Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Buhari: I don't need Cameron's apology, he should return our stolen money

President Muhammadu Buhari says he does not need an apology from British Prime Minister David Cameron for describing Nigeria as "fantastically corrupt".

BBC news monitored quoted President Buhari as stating Wednesday at a question session in London that what he was demanding was the repatriation of Nigeria's stolen assets. 

President Buhari is currently attending the anti-corruption summit holding in London.

"No. I am not going to be demanding any apology from anybody. What I will be demanding is the return of assets. 

"I've already mentioned how disgraceful one of Nigeria's executives was. He had to dress like a woman to leave Britain and left behind his bank account and fixed assets which Britain is prepared to hand over to us. 

"This is what I am asking for. What will I do with an apology? I need something tangible," President Buhari said.  

The British Prime Minister was on Tuesday caught on camera describing Nigeria and Afghanistan as fantastically corrupt.

No comments: